UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
As well as being Carbon Neutral, we also subscribe to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and invest in initiatives to support these. In 2020 we have invested in programmes that are certified to address 10 of these goals.
Example projects include:
- Reforestation in Kenya, sequestering carbon, providing wildlife habitats and helping a local community. Read more
- Amazon Rainforest reduction in deforestation, providing robust carbon offsetting, together with all the biodiversity and community benefits that tree planting brings. Read more
- Borehole development in Uganda, providing clean drinking water to communities, and preventing carbon emissions being released by negating the need to boil drinking water. Read more
- Solar power projects in India and the Philippines, delivering renewable power into the regional grid, and providing improved healthcare, sanitation and educational support to the communities where the projects are based. These projects also significantly reduce the importation of fuel, which in and of itself is also damaging to the environment. Read more
- Geothermal power projects in Indonesia, delivering renewable power into the regional grid, whilst enhancing the capacity and utilisation of local technology and ensuring knowledge transfer to the local communities. Read more